WSMS has commissioned an Approved Trainer (Laser Learning – OCNSE) to hold a Workplace Mediation conversion course for existing mediators, in November. The likely dates of this four day course are 8/11, 9/11, 10/11 and 17/11/2013. The course will be held at a central Sussex location (tbc).
- learn the key skills necessary to carry out a structured face-to-face workplace mediation between two disputants in an impartial and fair way.
- to have a good understanding of the structure, the principles and main theories of workplace mediation.
- to refresh communication skills required to help resolve conflicts in every day work life.
- to have the skills to handle different emotions experienced within the context of the workplace.
- understand the conflict dynamics between people in the workplace.
- an understanding of the relevant legislation and grievance procedures.
- awareness of diversity issues, stereotyping, prejudices, and discrimination.
WSMS is happy to offer places to individuals outside their organisation for a fee of £500 + Registration fee. Comparable courses elsewhere can attract fees of between £1600 and £2600.
Anyone interested in this training should contact Nick on 01403 257800 to secure a place.